On-trend organically shaped pebble mirrors.
This year we are seeing a growing love of beautiful imperfection and refreshing authenticity in bathroom design and styling. Gone are the days of symmetrical spaces with perfectly shaped objects. Instead, we are moving to a place of comfort and injecting a sense of serenity and harmony into the room. This trend is very much inspired by the social directions of mindfulness, quality of life and enhancing the home environment.
Embracing the forms seen in the natural world, with many flowing lines and curves, one of the ways in which we see this styling trend taking shape in the bathroom is through pebble shaped, organic looking mirrors.
By their very function, bathrooms can sometimes appear a little sterile, so organic-shaped mirrors help create a striking focal point, and bring an understated and elegant, free-flowing asymmetrical design quality to the interior.
How to style with an organic shaped mirror:
Before embarking on any bathroom styling project, it is important to think about the bathroom interior design holistically, as there are many pebble shaped mirrors options, all providing a slightly different aesthetic. It is therefore a good idea to consider how you want your bathroom identity to look, before investing in a pebble style mirror.
Stripped back simplicity:
Frameless organic shaped mirrors softly finish off a pared back, effortless Scandinavian, or Minimalist bathroom. Combine with simple fixtures and fittings, clean lines, and subtle colour palettes. This look is unfussy, simple, and structured with a soft elegance and knowingly understated style. Less is more here, both in terms of colour and design.
Sculptural and stylish:
Pebble shaped mirrors with acrylic edges offer a contemporary style which provides a sculptural, modern, and minimal style. They can be paired perfectly with sleek materials such as granite and marble and help create a break in the straight lines of the rest of the bathroom. Combine natural materials with high end finishes to complete the look. – Think polished concrete, floor to ceiling marble, and dark, statement furniture.
Introduce a pop of colour through the mirror frame edge, and thread the same hue through the rest of the room. – Be sure to repeat it at least three times within the bathroom to help balance and subliminally tie everything together visually for a harmonious design.
Mirrors with natural, timber edged frames work well for a warmer, bohemian styled bathroom. Pair with other nature inspired elements such as stoneware or bamboo for a tranquil scheme. Add an earthy colour palette of Olive green, Terracotta and Clay for a Bohemian vibe, or stick to calming off-whites and Greige for a Japandi theme. This trend works particularly well for eco-friendly or sustainable styling in bathrooms
Enhance with elegance:
Organic bathroom mirrors with frosted edging add a little sense of luxury to a naturally styled bathroom. They subtly finish off the mirror to create a refined frame that doesn’t draw attention too strongly and instead finishes off the room with elegance.
Having an illuminated frosted edge also makes a great contemporary alternative to heavier, metal frames.
Top tips for styling bathrooms with organic shaped mirrors:
- Avoid combining this mirror type with harsh geometric prints, in favour of natural, organic shapes. Think about natural elements; the irregularity of mountains, rivers and seascapes and be inspired by these. Geometrics with hard lines are unlikely to sit well with a pebble shape. Instead, pair the soft, flowing lines of the mirror with accessories that have the same design principles such as asymmetrical, wavy curves. This will help coordinate the scheme and pull it all together.
- Enhance the feeling of nature by hanging the organic styled mirror opposite a window to reflect the outside back into the room. Seeing greenery from the outdoors will highlight the natural elements in the room and help elevate well-being too. Mirrors are also a great way to bounce and reflect daylight back into the bathroom, too which can really help brighten the space.
- Pair an irregular edged mirror with rounded or oval shaped basin and rounded taps. Friendly, soft, and understated design with rounded corners will tie the whole interior style together. Just one or two angled or hard lined objects are enough to cause a discord within an interior scheme, so favour softer lines to match your organic scheme.
- Select mirrors with lighting already built in to draw attention and really add impact to a wall, as well as offering a practical lighting solution, too.
- For a sleek and understated appeal, select a subtle, slimline mirror to finish off the bathroom.